One of the various World Events you will be tasked with completing in Assassin's Creed Valhalla is finding the location of reindeer antlers, which are different from your standard deer antlers. These can be found in Rygjafylke, Norway and you need three in all if you want to complete the quest. It might seem easy at first, but these swift, silent creatures can be difficult to track down if you don't know where to look.
Luckily, their locations are largely set to a few fixed locales, and a bit of help from your raven will go a long way in helping you track these down. This World Event in Assassin's Creed Valhalla can be confusing without knowing where to go, but with these tips, you'll be able to collect and hand in these antlers in no time.
Updated August 18th, 2021 by Stephen LaGioia: Valhalla's more subtle, free-flowing version of sidequests, known as World Events, add to the already vast campaign of this Viking adventure, offering new areas to explore and unique diversions to take part in. While the focus here will be for one early such event, "A Mild Hunt," these reindeer antlers can also be useful for a few other things, including Valka's Brew, and crafting ship decorations for Gudmund in Ravensthorpe. Given the relative usefulness of this commodity in Rygjafylke, it seemed like a good idea to revisit this list and sprinkle in some additional details regarding reindeer locations.
Start The Quest 'A Mild Hunt'
The quest can be started right from your hometown of Fornburg in Rygjafylke, Norway. You will need to find a woman, and she will be located toward the back of the town sitting outside of a house with a chicken.
She will request you bring back three reindeer antlers in return for a secret reward, which turns out to be a hint as to where you can find the Elk of the Bloody Peaks, one of the legendary animals. As a side note: this legendary elk can be found roaming the mountains between Fornburg and Stavenger.
Hunting Reindeer - An Overview
One thing to keep in mind is that there's a good chance you'll need to kill more than three, as not every animal will drop their rack. If this happens to you then meditating - or skipping time - in an area a few times will allow them to respawn again.
Also, it's important to note that only the males will have (and thus drop) the antlers, so they will be the ones you'll need to hunt. Deer aren't particularly common or easy to find let alone hunt, particularly the males. As such, it's a good idea to specifically seek out the following locations and keep hunting within these regions.
Reindeer Locations In AC: Valhalla
There are quite a few locations where you are almost guaranteed to find a reindeer. The easiest spot to find them is right around Valka's hut, where you'll find a cluster of trees several feet to the west. You can usually find one or two reindeer at this location.
If you head a bit east of Valka's Hut you will come across some trees and occasionally you will find a single male reindeer here amongst a herd of females, so this is a more unreliable option.
You can also travel around the shallow end of the lake on its southern end, specifically the one where you retrieve the comb for a woman during a different World Event. The quest involving this woman, Bil, can be found in more depth in this piece. This is a great place to fish and usually, a single reindeer will be found in this area.
Finally, you can venture a bit east of Fornburg in the southern region of Rygjafylke to spot a few more. Those who opt for this route will need to climb up the cliffs and reach the woods up above. You'll have to be extra careful here, as there's a chance the pesky deer will scurry off across the map's edge and you won't be able to reach them or retrieve their antlers any longer.
Additional Tips for Reindeer Hunting In Valhalla
- If you've been lucky enough to locate a male reindeer you will have to be silent but deadly and strike quickly, as they can be scared off quite easily. You will want to have your best bow at the ready as a miss or drawing in too close will cause them to run away.
- The easiest way to find these reindeer is by summoning your raven with Odin's Sight to track them by looking for the brown hide symbol when it is airborne. However, this is also the symbol for other animals, such as wolves, so be wary when you approach them.
- You'll usually want to pinpoint the deer first from afar while running about; either through Odin's Sight or by seeing them yourself, then inch closer by crouching and having the bow ready to fire.
- It's generally a good idea to aim for the head if you're close enough, but an emphatic body shot at a distance should do the trick as well if your bow is potent enough.
- Fleeing reindeer can be extremely tough to target, but don't get discouraged if they catch onto your pursuit. You can track them again by swiftly using Odin's Sight once again and tagging the running animal.
If Arcane sparked your interest in League of Legends, there are better ways to experience Runeterra than playing the game.