After tons of feedback requests and community threads on the Destiny subreddit, Bungie has finally made the decision to change Destiny 2's newly added perks, Bottomless Grief and Celerity. These two perks have been in the spotlight for quite some time after players started getting adept weapons from Trials of Osiris' flawless chest or completing the Grandmaster Nightfall run.
In This Week at Bungie blog post, Chris Proctor, Weapons Feature Lead at Bungie, talks about how they are planning on tweaking these two perks in season 14. Here's everything that Bungie plans to changes with Celerity and Bottomless Grief perks in season 14:
- Bottomless Grief grants a permanently active +30 to Magazine.
- Bottomless Grief is now a fixed alternate perk in the left column on Adept drops of Nightfall weapons (i.e. you can switch between that and the randomly rolled perk in the inspection screen).
- Celerity grants a permanently active +20 to both Reload and Handling.
- Celerity is now a fixed alternate perk in the right column on Adept drops of Trials weapons (i.e. you can switch between that and the randomly rolled perk in the inspection screen).
If you're unfamiliar, both Celerity and Bottomless Grief features additional bonuses when you're the last living member of your fireteam, which is not useful 95% of the time. Here's an overview of what these perks do currently in Destiny 2:
Celerity: Gain the following effects while you are the last living member of your fireteam:
- Increased target acquisition
- Increased handling and reload speed
- Reduced flinch from incoming fire
Bottomless Grief: While you are the last living member of your fireteam, each takedown refills your magazine.
Keep in mind that if you have any weapons that currently roll with either of these perks, they will be updated with the new version of these perks (+20 Handling and Reload, +30 to Magazine). However, all current Adept weapons with Celerity or Bottomless Grief will not have an alternate perk on the left column. This change will only be available on new Adept weapons that you unlock in season 14.
Cricket 22 is the best cricket game on the market, but it could still use some fine tuning