The Los Santos Summer Special DLC update has been live in Grand Theft Auto Online for a little more than a week, and there is plenty to do for new and returning players. There are new vehicles to buy, missions to accomplish, and several quality-of-life improvements.
Showing Off Your Newest Ride
The update brings 15 new vehicles to choose from, ranging in type from supercar, to racing, to vintage. There are several new off-roaders, 30 new sets of Street Wheels, and new tire designs as well. The complete list of new vehicles includes:
- Benefactor BR8 (GTA$ 3,400,000)
- Declasse DR1 (GTA$ 2,997,000)
- Lampadati Tigon (GTA$ 2,310,000)
- Invetero Coquette D10 (GTA$ 1,500,000)
- Canis Seminole Frontier (GTA$ 678,000)
- Dundreary Landstalker (GTA$ 1,220,000)
- Imponte Beater Dukes (GTA$ 378,000)
- BF Club (GTA$ 1,280,000)
- Maibatsu Penumbra FF (GTA$ 1,380,000)
- Bravado Gauntlet (GTA$ 615,000, GTA$ 815,000 Benny's Conversion)
- Bravado Youga Classic (GTA$ 195,000, GTA$ 1,288,000 Benny's Conversion)
- Benefactor Glendale (GTA$ 200,000, GTA$ 520,000 Benny's Conversion)
- Declasse Yosemite (GTA$ 485,000, GTA$ 700,000 Benny's Conversion)
- Albany Manana (GTA$ 10,000, GTA$ 925,000 Benny's Conversion)
- Vapid Peyote (GTA$ 38,000, GTA$ 620,000 Benny's Conversion)
Open Wheel Race Creator
Want to take your favorite cars for a spin around a custom-made track? One of the best parts of the new update is that players now have access to the Open Wheel Race Creator to design their own racetracks. There are over 60 new props to use, including pit-stops, paddocks, racetrack archways, and much more.
For those who want to stick to racing and not worry about design, there are nine new Open Wheel Race Tracks to take on, along with improvements to the racing gameplay. Players can now swap tire types in pit-stops and will be able to easily see tire wear through new visual body damage indicators.
New Co-Op Missions, Business Battles
Apart from cars, there is plenty to do in the new update. Players can tackle six new co-op missions hosted by Galaxy Superyacht owners. These can be played solo as well but are much more fun with a friend.
There are also brand-new Business Battles to check out from the roof of the Diamond Casino and Resort. These will take players out to sea to perform a cooperative assault on an aircraft carrier and makes for a great way to earn some cash.
This last bit if news is not exactly new, but it is worth repeating since there are so many new players due to the Epic Games Store giveaway of Grand Theft Auto V a short while back. Linking an Amazon Prime Gaming account to the in-game Social Club will award players with GTA$ cash bonuses several times a year, as well as free gifts and massive discounts on locations and vehicles. Be sure to link your account to avoid missing out on the many gifts provided throughout the year!
Cricket 22 is the best cricket game on the market, but it could still use some fine tuning