Resident Evil 8: Village is finally upon us, and we’re guiding Ethan Winters through a mysterious village filled with beasts bearing far too many similarities to werewolves, vampires, and even more in order to find our lost child.
RE8 is a dark and atmospheric adventure that’ll see you juggling items, scrounging for ammo, and fighting against all manner of otherworldly beasties. As a result, it’ll be a much easier journey if you know what’s coming, and that’s exactly what our complete guide and walkthrough to RE Village is here for.
In this guide hub we’re going to breaking down everything you need to know about Resident Evil Village. We’ve got a complete walkthrough for you which takes you through every step of the way, in addition to boss guides, item guides, collectibles, and more.
We’ve already reviewed Resident Evil Village, with our own Jade King saying: “Village is drenched in excellence throughout, but the occasional fumble stops it from reaching the heights of both its predecessor and the seminal masterpiece it is so desperate to imitate. There’s also not nearly enough big lady - she needs her own game.”
For everything you need to know to complete Resident Evil 8: Village and get all of the precious items you need, just read through our detailed guides below.
FAQ And What You Need To Know Before You Play Resident Evil 8 Village
There are a lot of things to understand before playing RE8, including getting the unlockable game modes, and whether or not you need to Resident Evil 7: Biohazard before this new game. The answers to those questions are complicated than you might expect, but we’ve got all of the information you need right here.
- Do You Need To Play 7 First?
- How To Unlock Mercenaries Mode
- Ending Explained: Where Will It Go Next?
- How To Get The Courtyard Key
- How To Complete The Bell Puzzle In Dimitrescu Castle
- How To Survive Your First Lycan Encounter
- How To Start NG+
- Mercenaries: Tips To Get SS Rank And Higher
- All Mercenaries Rewards And Ranks
Achievements And Trophies
Here are our guides for some of the trickier achievements and trophies in RE8 Village.
- How To Get Goooaaal! Achievement/Trophy
- Squawk Shot Achievement/Trophy Guide
- Timber Achievement/Trophy Guide
- Lucky Number 7 Achievement Guide - Get 777 Lei
Resident Evil 8 Village Story Campaign Walkthrough
We’ve gone through the entire game so you don’t have to. Below you’ll find a complete walkthrough to every section in Resident Evil Village, in order, so you never have to get stuck for too long. Just read through our guides below for everything you need to know.
Village Area Walkthrough
- Part 1 - The First Fight And Getting The Bolt Cutters
- Part 2 - Maiden of War, Graveyard, The Field, And The M1897 Shotgun
- Part 3 - Heisenberg’s Trap And Meeting The Duke
Castle Area Walkthrough
- Part 4 - Castle Dimitrescu, Maroon Eye Ring, And Sanguis Virginis
- Part 5 - Castle Dimitrescu Mask Locations And Hall Of Ablution Statue Puzzle
- Part 6 - Castle Dimitrescu Treasure Map And The Five Bells
- Part 7 - Find The House With The Red Chimney
- Part 8 - House Beneviento, Music Box, And Wooden Mannequin
Heading To The Factory Area Walkthrough
- Part 9 - GM 79, The Boat, And Powering Up The Sluice Gate
- Part 10 - Get The M1851 Wolfsbane Magnum And Claudia Beneviento’s Grave
- Part 11 - W870 TAC Foregrip, Optional Torch Puzzle, And Hairy Miniboss
- Part 12 - Heisenberg’s Factory
Treasure And Challenge Guides
- Juicy Game Location
- Quality Meat Location
- Finest Fish Location
- Complete The Necklace With Two Holes - Lady Dimitrescu’s Necklace
- Entrapment Challenge: How To Clear Entrapment Easily
- Combining The Mechanical Cylinder And Shaft To Craft Heisenberg’s Hammer
- How To Open The Lone Road Lockbox Chest With Luiza’s Key
- All Well Locations And Their Contents
- All Treasure Map Locations And Rewards
- How To Complete The Madalina Doll Treasure
- Find The Luthier’s Key For Maestro’s Collection
- Open The Beneviento Grave Treasure
Resident Evil Village Boss Guides
RE Village is filled with a variety of terrifying bosses, including some of the characters you will have already seen in the variety of trailers that Capcom has released for the game. Some of them are very tricky, while others are incredibly challenging. For everything you need to know about each of them, read through our guides below.
- Lady Dimitrescu Boss Guide
- Donna Beneviento Boss Guide
- Salvatore Moreau Boss Guide
- Sturm Boss Guide
- Heisenberg Boss Guide
- Mother Miranda Boss Guide
Resident Evil Village Trivia, Lore, And Opinions
This is where you'll find all of our views on Resident Evil 8 Village, in addition to a bunch of information on the characters and world of Resident Evil that you might not know. Whether or not you've finished the game, you'll find plenty of extra information here to supplement your Resident Evil Village experience.
- Resident Evil Village Review: A Bold Homage To The 2005 Classic
- Resident Evil Village Is Scariest When Nothing Is Happening
- Resident Evil’s Greatest Strength Is Its Brevity
- Resident Evil Village Has An Accessibility Problem
- Resident Evil's Dead By Daylight Chapter Has A Massive Roster Of Potential
- Resident Evil Village Is Unintentionally The Funniest Game Of The Year
- You Can Actually Still Have Fun Playing Resident Evil Village If You’re A Total Coward
- Resident Evil Village’s Design Is Stuck In The Past
- 10 Things Only Pro Players Know You Can Do
- 10 Things That Make No Sense
- 10 Hidden Areas Everyone Completely Missed
Pokemon Unite is falling far behind the competition when it comes to the metagame, cosmetics, and fun events.